A business that removes or encapsulates asbestos is required to hold a permit unless removing or encapsulating asbestos at its own facilities.
To obtain a permit, a business entity must complete and submit an application for an asbestos permit and a non-refundable permit fee of $500.00. The permit expires after one year. A new permit will be issued or denied within 60 days after receiving a completed application with all appropriate attachments. A renewal will be issued or denied within 30 days after receiving a completed application with all appropriate attachments.
Mandatory Attachments for Asbestos Permit
- Respiratory protection program as described in 1926.1101(h) and 1910.134 as applicable.
- Procedures for air sampling and personal monitoring.
- Medical surveillance policy, procedures, manual, or program.
- Blank ten-day notice form the business entity will use.
- Copies of all citations, violations and penalties levied against the business entity within the past ten years by any federal, state or local government agency for violations related to asbestos activities. Provide names and locations of the activities, dates, and a description of how the allegations were resolved.
- Describe all legal proceedings, lawsuits or claims, whether civil or criminal, which have been filed or levied against the business entity or any principals relating to asbestos activities within the past 10 years.
- Non-refundable $500.00 processing fee.